Thursday, November 14, 2019

Research Comventions and Codes of Music Video

After finishing our commercial, I am getting ready to do the music video project. My partner and I have gotten better at understand the concepts of media after as we were doing the commercial. The only thing that I feel needs to get better is the camera angles for me.Preparing for the project was fairly okay, as we knew what we wanted to do, but I know what is should work on for future projects. I should work on making the camera more steady and making the angles of filming more appealing to the audience. I also need to know better ways to edit the film so completing the project would be easier. Since the partner I had for the commercial isnt hear today, I will be the one picking out what to do for the music video. Whether or not I will have a partner for the music video will vary. 
The song that I will be doing for the music video will be "Dancing Queen" by ABBA. I switched the original song to this song is a classic pop song. It's easy to dance to and very catchy. Making a commercial for this song would be very easy to do. The location will vary. As I want the music video to be like a journey/road trip to get a sense of adventure just the song. Since I can't do the full song, I will pick the best and catchiest part for the music video. There will be no costumes for the music video as I don't think it will look very good with what I have planned for the video. The angles the I'm mostly going to do are pan, trunk shot, junp cuts, and cross-cuttings. I would do a sound bridge, a fade in/ burn out, and a graphic match. 
The lighting for the video will be luminous. There will be transitions and splits in the music video to make it more eyes catching but we will make it a clean cut. There will be filters so it can have a rock and roll touch to it while editing. Friends and family will be in the video if they want to be in it. The song with be over sound of the film because it would be better to have your music video like that. I hope the song creates no problems and if it does then the song will have to be changed to the a Beatles song. I have not thought of a backup song yet but, I know that I will be from the Beatles as they are a band that that could be listened to for many generations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film Package