Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Blog for Music Video

I did not film for my music video yet. I decided to film my blog around Thanksgiving break as it would connect with the topic of my video better. The topic of my film is to have a friend and family split screen. There will be parallel edits with two different families and people coming together from different places. I feel like doing it during Thankgiving break would lead to more genuine feelings and happiness then during it on a regular day. I also want to film went December begins. Around that time is when the majority of people are together due to holidays. This will create the best atmosphere for happiness, entertainment and togetherness.

I wanted to also prepare more for my music video. I have a feeling that at the end of my filming, there will be a lot of raw footage that will to be dumped. Since I will be going around a lot during this time, there will be many jump cut from one area to another. Since multiple events will be happening during the time I am filming, I am going to a time lapse if it can fit into the film or mix in with the jumpcuts. There will also be filters needed for the music video to make it more appealing. The film was already decided to be only a short amount of time(1:02 minutes). The video will not fully be a family themed video. I hope for the video to have a fun energy and be engaging for the viewers. 

The actors for my music video will be family members and friends who have slconsented to be apart of my film for this class. Making sure that all the actors that are needed for my film are prepared and will be in it. I do not want any of my actors quitting or having other plans when needed. Making the film be apart of family events seemed like the correct choice for me as it will be easier to handle and feel more comfortable and endearing for me to do. I'm still a little bit unconvinced that the song "Dancing Queen" by ABBA will be able to give this video the energy that I want. If the song be changed then that could be thought about in a later stage than now. The song and the video haven't been connected yet so there's still time. I'm not planning to film into any major organizations where you need permission to film. But if it's a last resort, then I will be calling to ask for permission
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film Package