Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Genre Choice for Film

 For the film I would pick the genre of Drama with a taste of Coming-of -Age. I want this movie to be raw and free spirited. My short film is one that that relies on the emotional and relational development of realistic characters. I want it to heighten the mood of the audience. Drama is a very general genre. I made Coming-of-Age my subgenre to give it more of a specific hold of what I am aiming for. The audience are able to experience what other characters are feeling and identify with someone. such movies could also be therapeutic by showing how characters cope with their problems, challenges, or issues, and to the extent the viewer can identify with the characters with his or her own world.

I inspired to pick drama because my movie will be somewhat controversial and drama seems to be a better way to guide the viewed through a raw film. I want to show emotions that are realistic and scary for most.  I do feel like I need to tweak my pitch. I need to come from a unique and interesting angle so my work can be different and more successful than others. I can't be too specific and leave room for options if there is any changes that would need to be done along the way. I need to do more research on the topic of suicide which would be hard subject. I would also need to personalize it so it can meet the demands of the settings, locations and characters; Most of all, I need to fully be content with it to make an intriguing script. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film Package