Monday, October 14, 2019

Editing Lesson Blog


Today in class I learned, how to get my camera and the process of learning how to record and dump the footage into our SD card. Every class one of the people in my group will need to get the equipment. We return it the next class period which is usually the next two days or over a weekend which isn't as usual. I learned how to change, turn it on, insert, record, dump, and handle tripods. We need to get a new piece of paper every time we want to sign out a tripod and we have to turn it in or we will owe the school money. If we don't turn it in, we will have obligations.

I have to get a SD card and insert it into the SD card reader in the tripod. Then I put it into USB. Its required to make a folder on my desktop for footage so I don't forget a single one. The footage goes into DCIM. I have to highlight everything and move to the folder. Then I need to take the SD card out and put it back into the camera bag. AVCHD is in privacy if footage is not found then the stream will have everything in the SD card. I have to remember to remove all the footage that I've created into the SD card into the computer. After it is put into the computer, then I will import the data into the program we are using to edit our film. When I import everything, I click on import and look for my folder after clicking it. Then I highlight the footage and click start import to make sure they all import.

From there I start the editing process, I continue the process of creating footage and editing it. I then start to edit the raw footage.We are building it on AV track 2. We are building a film so, each track is a different layer of the film. Its important to remember every aspect of filming and how the correct process that this class requires.To build the film, I have to drag footage down to tracks. The editing process we are using is called Pinnacle studios. I learned that its important to import everything because I will never know which footage I will want or need. When I edit, I click razor blade to cut and split scenes or, even delete them. I can click on "T" to create my text anywhere in the film. For a new track I have to move to track 1. To export the film, I click export into MPEG 4. Its the best quality. Then I start to export and as to the desktop again. Then i add it to the folder and my edited film will be on the folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film Package